The FP Top 100 Global Thinkers (public intellectuals) list is conducted by Foreign Policy magazine on the basis of responding readers' ballot (and requires registration to view their recent lists). The first two lists were conducted in November 2005 and June 2008 by Prospect Magazine (UK) and Foreign Policy (US) jointly. The objective was to determine the 100 most important public intellectuals who are still alive and active in public life. According to location of birth, roughly 40% came from the United States and Canada, 25% from Europe, and 22% from the Middle and Far East. The other locations received less than 5%—Latin America with 4 and Africa and Australia with 3. Only 8% are women ( Source: FP Top 100 Global Thinkers, Wikipedia). This page contains a list of the Chinese from 2005 in revers order.
2005年英国《前景》（Prospect）杂志为纪念创刊十周年，会同美国《外交政策》杂志进行了一次网络调查，评选出在世的全球100名最有影响力的公共知识分子。结果在2005年11月公布。美国著名的语言学家诺姆·乔姆斯基被评为当代最伟大公共知识分子。 约40%来自加拿大和美国，25%来自欧洲和俄罗斯，22%来自中东和远东。其它地方各自所占均少于5%——例如有4%来自拉丁美洲，3%来自非洲，2%来自澳洲。 此外，仅有8%为女性。 尽管本次投票是网上自由投票，不过网上投票有可能导致有组织性投票，也有很多人是按照候选者的国际和语言进行投票——这些都导致了投票的公正性、准确性和权威性收到质疑。(来源：2005年全球知识分子投票 维基百科）
4. Zhou Xiaochuan for holding the world's economic fate in his hands. GOVERNOR, PEOPLE'S BANK | CHINA
14. Steven Chu for his dogged efforts to keep America innovating. ENERGY SECRETARY | WASHINGTON
16. Liu Xiaobo for bearing the flame of 1989 into a new generation. POLITICAL PRISONER | CHINA
44. Zheng Bijian for trying to keep China's rise peaceful.
60. Fan Gang for articulating how China can become more than the world's factory floor.
82. Hu Shuli for enlarging the space for debate in China.
86. Han Han for channeling rising China's restlessness.
2009 List of The FP Top 100 Global Thinkers (Prospect Magazine and Foreign Policy, 2009)
9. Zhou Xiaochuan for reminding the world that we can't take the dollar for granted. GOVERNOR, PEOPLE'S BANK OF CHINA | CHINA
62. Xu Zhiyong for driving the debate in China about citizens' rights. LEGAL ACTIVIST | GONGMENG THINK TANK | CHINA
84 . Hu Shuli for persisting in the idea that public accountability is possible even in one-party China. JOURNALIST | CHINA
90. Minxin Pei for reminding us of the dark side of China's rise. CHINA SCHOLAR | CLAREMONT MCKENNA COLLEGE | CLAREMONT, CALIF.
The above title is adapted from the China's development style in order for you to share our resources in a timely fashion. There is still a huge amount of work to be done. Your understanding, participation and generous support are highly appreciated!
为了与您及时分享我们的资源， 我们采纳中国发展的'边建设边使用'的做法，尚有大量的工作待做， 真诚地感谢您的理解、参与和慷慨赞助！
Click the button below to：
Download Gif aid form ( UK )
Registered Charity No.: 1154640
WeChat QR code